Skip to main content

Student Work Permits

Summer School Work Permits


Instructions for Submitting for a Work Permit Application (Updated Summer 2021)

Summer Work Permits are being processed at the District Office

Work Permit Applications:

  • Click on the links below to print the "Request to Work Permit Application" (CDE Form B1-1)
    • The form consists of two (2) pages, normally back-to-back on one sheet of paper. You must print both pages to have a complete application.
    • The front is information you must include with your Social Security number and required signatures.
    • The back explains important labor laws.
  • Complete the Application when you have received a job offer by an employer.
    • The form must be signed by your parent or legal guardian (if you are a minor), and
    • The form must be signed by the employer.
  • When the application is completed and signed, return it to the District Office, 1936 Carlotta Dr., Concord, CA 94519, Wing C, School Support for Secondary Education
    • You can either scan the Application on a scanner/printer or take photos of it (be sure the photos clearly have complete images of the entire front and back pages of the application). 
    • Send images of the application by email to the Sunny Quintana at
    • Please include your full name, phone number, and school you attend in the email in case there are any questions.
    • Please allow three days turnaround time for processing. You will be notified by phone when your Work Permit is issued and ready for pick-u
    • Incomplete applications will be returned, please be sure all areas are complete, Student, Employer, & Parent/Guardian

If there are any questions, please contact Sunny Quintana at or 925-682-8000 x4027

Click on the links below for the 2-page California State Request to Work Permit Application form.

CA Work Permit Request (CDE Form B1-1)

General Summary of Minors' Work Regulations